The 2022 Creative Youth Awards recognizes and supports Bay Area youth artists through professional creative feedback, cash awards and other prizes.
2022 CYA Categories:
- Creative Writing – Fiction & non-fiction limited to 500 words, poetry to three pages, plays and screenplays limited to five pages or five minutes in length.
- Film– All approaches to film/video art or storytelling are embraced. Maximum duration is no more than 5 minutes, and must have obtained permission from all actors or participants who appear.
- Music Composition – Original scores. Maximum duration is no more than 5 minutes. Required to submit both a .pdf of composition (or lyrics for songwriters) and an audio file of the piece.
- Music Performance – ‘Covers’ of music not composed by the artist. Maximum video or audio duration is no more than 5 minutes.
- Photography – All digital or film photography (submitted as digital) welcome.
- Visual Art – All mediums welcome; artists are asked to submit a digital photograph of the artwork. (note: photography artwork should be submitted in the Photography category)
Our highest honor, the Presidential Merit, is given at discretion of the Founder
CYA submissions are hosted through partner-site SlideRoom.
The 2022 Creative Youth Awards submissions open at 12pm PST Thursday, October 14, 2021 and close at 11:59pm PST Friday, January 7, 2022.
Winners will be announced at the Creative Youth Celebration in late Spring 2022.